Sunday, August 17, 2008

Very good spiritual and health resources

Today I seem to have attracted a lot of spiritual and health related websites. When I opened Times of India today, I read the Q & A section of Deepak Chopra, and in that section, he had recommended a book called Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, to the readers. This book talks about the various toxins that are mixed with food, in restaurants and other places to make the food more tastier. I wanted to learn more about this and visited the amazon site to read the reviews and is a 5 Star rated book.
I was amazed to see the good reviews, and then at the bottom of the same page, I found a health forum. This health forum has tons of good discussions, and one lead to other. Finally by the end of the day, I found the following good stuff

1. Zen Habits: Good and positive thought to lead a healthy life

2. How to do CKLS(Colon, Kidney, Lever, Spleen) cleansing to throw the toxins out of the body. I did some more research on this method and I found a lot of people practice this in Europe regularly. I am not sure if this is practiced in India.

3. Tapping: This site talks about Emotional Freedom Technique, an acupressure kind of technique to release the bad feelings in mind, to lead happy life. I am intending to practice some of them and see what happens !

4. Also read about Jack Kornfield's meditation techniques.

Bottomline, at the end of the day today, I am feeling that to lead a healthier and happier life, one needs to
  • Yoga or any kind of exercise,
  • drink a lot of water,
  • Meditation is a must
  • Take care of health specifically CKLS(Colon, Kidney, Lever, Spleen)
  • Reduce toxic food. Read the ingredients carefully before buying food in groceries
  • Keep one's mind clean,clear and calm . All body related diseases emanate from mind.
  • Keep good balance between life and work.
  • Add a bit of spirituality(could be listening to audio books while driving, as I do most of the time, reading ebooks(if you are a computer savvy person))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Venkatesh,

If you enjoy reading Zen Habits, do Visit www.thinksimplenow.com too.

Keep smiling :-)
Arif